Department OF Actuarial Science and Insurance
Admission into masters in actuarial science is in a high demand as stock brockers are needed anywhere in the world for analysis of stockmarket which gives the analyst an edge the economy of the world,call mr Fortunate on 07039740031 or 08132370587 for proper guide into the admission and job placement,Below is the requirement for the application and admission process.All management related courses can apply for the programme since the programme is under the umbrella of business administration.Any field from management are invited into the programme for application
Department Of Actuarial Science and Insurance
The Department of Actuarial Science and Insurance, University of Lagos has played a pioneering
role in the development of Actuarial and Insurance education in Nigeria. This has become So obvious that most leaders in the Nigerian Insurance and Financial Industries, and academics in higher institutions in Nigeria are products of the University of Lagos.
The overall philosophy of the Postgraduate Programmes in the Department is as follows;
- i) The need to produce Scholars in Actuarial Science, Risk Management and Insurance.
- ii) Other Universities in Nigeria and the nation’s Financial Institutions requiring the services of high- level manpower in these areas may take advantage of the these programmes for further training of their personnel.
In addition to the above, the postgraduate programmes are designed to advance the application of mathematics of Insurance and Finance, Statistical Methods to a wide range of Risk Management fields and also to equip students for analytical and technical consulting in applied key areas of insurance, Banking, Capital Market, Investment,
life and Health, Pensions and Government services.
The department offers course leading to the following higher degrees;
Actuarial Science Programme
- Master of Science degree Actuarial Science (M.Sc. Actuarial Science)
- Master of Philosophy degree in Actuarial Science (M.Phil. Actuarial Science)
iii. Doctor of Philosophy degree Actuarial Science (Ph.D. Actuarial Science)
Rick Management and Insurance Programme
- Master of Science degree in risk Management and Insurance (M.Sc. Risk Management Insurance)
- Master of Philosophy degree in Risk Management and insurance
iii Doctor of Philosophy degree in Risk Management and Insurance (Ph.D. Risk Management and Insurance
M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Candidates for admission into Actuarial Science shall have – following;
- First degree in Actuarial S from a recognized University
- First degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Finance and related areas.
- MASTERS AND POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA SCHOOL FEES
The postgraduate school fees varies depending on the department the candidate is applying for. The fees for MBA is 250k for full time students, while the part time MBA is 500k.The acceptance fees 64.500k is equals .Screening of newly admitted students usually begins from every January and the programme id expected to end Maximum November for full time students .Every admitted students must pay acceptance fees of #64,500k irrespective of the department you applied for.The acceptance is meant to be paid for both full time and part time students. All full time programme is strictly one year programme, although some departments full time programme extend to one year and six months because of their project work. All part time students programme is usually two years. For part time students the course work is one year and six months while the remaining six months is used for the project writing and defence. The school fees for postgraduate diploma in education is 75k plus the 64,500k acceptance fees.The school fees for college of medicine is 90k plus 64.500k for full time students. All masters in faculty of science school fees is 90k